No /dev/usb on sarge?

Hi!
I just bought a new computer and installed sarge on it but for some
reason I got no /dev/usb directory, but I got a ./dev/usb directory
thou. I have installed "udev" "hotplug" and "makedev". I have tried to
run #cd /dev #:/MAKEDEV usb, but still no /dev/usb.
The problem is that I´m trying to install my scanner (whitch by the way
did work on my old computer with the same kernel 2.6.8). Sane looks for
devices in /dev/usbscanner, /dev/usb/scanner but not
in ./dev/usb/scanner.
--
Cattle die, kinsmen die, thyself too soon must die,
     but one thing never, I ween, will die,