Re: Kppp inactive (feedback)

handyman wrote:

Kmail which doesn't want to recognise my ISP. (I saw a
post a while back about this)
Start a new thread and post some details about what you're seeing.

As an aside, I've been trying to learn GNU/Linux for a year and a half now.
I started with Mandrake, tried Fedora (because a friend used it) and then
went to Debian because it seemed to be in the true spirit of Richard
Stallman.
I have to say that my experience has been that all the distros are
excessively buggy.

It wasn't that long ago that a popular sig said something to to effect of "Linux is indeed user-friendly; it's just picky about who its friends are."

In other words, what I think you're describing as "buggy" would be more appropriately described as "dependent on tinkering". This is changing; compare today's distros to that available three or four years ago. It's just not "quite there" yet for those who expect things to "just work". (For that, you need a Mac :-) )

--
Kent