Re: listening radio from the internet

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 05:07:19AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 11:46 +0100, Alberto Bert wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > whenever I try to listen some radio from the internet (let's say BBC)
> > they say I miss some player, realplayer or ...
> >
> > I use mozilla, windowmaker and I'm not an expert.
> >
> > Do you have suggestion on haw to manage the problem? Should I install
> > some mozilla plug-ins, and which one? There are so many in the mozilla
> >  of them site (http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html). Maybe it's better (more
> > safe from the mozilla freezing point of view) to use a normal stream
> > player giving to it the file in the site. But then, which player do you
> > suggest?
> >
> > I'll appreciate any help, expecially if it's new-by oriented.
>
> Hi, Alberto.
>
> The easiest, simplest way to listen to the Beebe is to download
> RealPlay 10.
>
> At http://www.real.com/ click on the big yellow icon that says,
> "Download RealPlayer" and save the file in /tmp.

[Further instructions snipped]

And should you prefer to control RealPlayer from the command line rather
than bringing it up in all its graphical glory there is trplayer.  It's
available at

http://freshmeat.net/projects/trplayer/

No longer being developed but it works well for me and there is a Debian
package on the website.

Brian.