Re: Accessing a USB mass storage device

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 20:51 +0100, Hamster wrote:
[snip]
> I've tried running "mount /dev/sda /mnt", but it wants to know the file
> system type. I have no idea what file system type it is, or even if this
> is the right thing to do.

In addition to the other comments regarding auto and vfat, I don't
see you referencing the partition number.

# mount -v -t vfat /dev/sda1 /media/mp3player

(/media is now the preferred location for removable media.)

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

All of the "reporting" about Laci Peterson & Michael Jackson
reminds me of the Don Henley song "Dirty Laundry": "Can we do the
operation? Is the head dead yet? You know, the boys in the
newsroom got a running bet. Get the widow on the set, we need
dirty laundry."