Re: unattended reboot for forced filesystem checks

In article <[🔎] 41EC723B.3050409@eth0.is-a-geek.org>,
David Mandelberg  <mandelbergd@eth0.is-a-geek.org> wrote:
>Blake Swadling wrote:
>>
>> I have some machines here that are routinely turned off at the power
>> button rather than using the correct shutdown procedure. when they are
>> restarted i get the usual error "filesystem not cleanly unmounted...".
>> it then checks them and prompts me to hit ctrl-d.
>>
>> Is there any way that I can force it to immediately reboot rather than
>> prompting the user for input?
>>
>Comment out
> /sbin/sulogin $CONSOLE
>in /etc/init.d/checkrootfs.sh (line 173 for me).

No, no! Don't do that! That might throw your machine in an
endless reboot loop !

Do a "man rcS". Read the paragraph about "FSCKFIX". Edit /etc/default/rcS.
Set FSCKFIX to "yes". Lean back. Relax.

Yes, it's tunable and documented.

Mike.