Re: unattended reboot for forced filesystem checks

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 01:01:49PM +1100, Blake Swadling wrote:

> I have some machines here that are routinely turned off at the power
> button rather than using the correct shutdown procedure.

If these systems support acpi, install acpid and have it run shutdown
when the power button gets pressed. This will solve the problem instead
of bandaging the symptom.

> when they are restarted i get the usual error "filesystem not cleanly
> unmounted...".  it then checks them and prompts me to hit ctrl-d.

Switch to a journalling filesystem that doesn't do this.

--
Dave Carrigan
Seattle, WA, USA

Dave is currently listening to Harvey Danger - Terminal Annex (Where Have All the Merrymakers Gone?)