Pondering a mac mini.

So I've been thinking about getting a mac mini to use as my main PC, a
job currently served by a Duron 1300, running debian.

What I would want to do is install Debian on the Mac Mini.

I know there are PPC binaries for many things in apt, but are there
any programs that if I was to switch to using a mac mini (mainly due
to novelty value, and apparently it's quiet - as compared to the
noisebox I currently use) would I have any serious lack of
functionality as compared to now? Is there anything important that
exists on x86 but not on PPC?

I use my main PC for everything except gaming - which is taken care of
by an athlon XP running windows.

Ta for any answers.

Will.