Re: Debian not detecting Intel Pro 10/100 NIC driver

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:38:43 -0600
"Edward Wiener" <ewiener@xpediantsolutions.com> wrote:

> I am new to Debian Linux and I have been unable to get the
> installation program to auto-detect the presence of the Intel Pro
> 10/100 network card on the Dell Dimension 3000 server I am using.  The
> right driver seems to be eepro100, but it reports errors each time I
> try to install it.  Has anyone seen this problem?

Some of the newer Intel 10/100 cards aren't supported by eepro100. I
would recommend trying the 'e100' driver instead. (eepro100 is still
around as some of the older cards have the opposite problem, and don't
work under e100.)

HTH,
Jacob