Re: the plugin that refuses to die

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:43:50 -0700, Glenn English <ghe@slsware.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to disable Flash on mozilla.

If you're trying to completely get rid of flash, try "locate
flashplay" and "locate flashplug" to find all of the places it might
be hiding.  "locate flash" will give you a bunch of files you don't
want to touch (such as flash-device kernel drivers).  You can also try
"locate swf".  I only get a couple of font files with that on my

As for the immortal swf_play, have you tried "ps -f" to get the parent
PID?  You might have to kill that to get rid of swf_play.

Michael A. Marsh