Puzzling Mozilla Printing Problem

I have a testing box with the latest dist-upgrade and can run Mozilla and access the Internet with either of two user profiles. With one of the profiles the print setup and command works perfectly accessing either a printer attached to the box or a printer on the wireless lan.

With the other user profile the print command brings up a box with the message:

         XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
         Location: chrome://global/content/printdialog.xul

               title="&print dialog.title;"
            ~~~~~~^

I have found subdirectories for the two profiles in the /home/username/.mozilla directory each containing a subdirectory chrome. The corresponding files in these chrome directories were identical in size and differed in creation date by only a couple of minutes. I copied the files in the chrome subdirectory of the good profile to the other profile's chrome subdirectory but this did not correct the problem.

Since the both profiles are used by a single user everything else in the user's home directory should be the same.

I don't know where to look next and would appreciate any suggestions as to what is wrong and how to correct it.

Tom George