Re: vncserver wont start gui

So Many Thanks!

Silly me overlooked the permissions. Changed xstartup to be executable for all. It works great now. Thanks.

jrmy

On Jan 17, 2005, at 5:46 PM, Ali Alphan Bayazit wrote:

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 17:32 -0800, Jeremy Hunt wrote:
Thank you.

It is pointed in the right direction now but I still can't figure out
what to put in the xstartup file to make the gui show up in the vnc
viewer.

Thanks.
$ls -l xstartup
-rwxr-xr-x  1 alphan alphan 135 Nov  2 21:43 xstartup

$grep -v \# xstartup
xsetroot -solid grey
icewm-session &

my xstartup is a shell script,
don't let comment removing efforts of mine fool you,
it starts  with

#!/bin/sh

--
-aab