Re: Network configuration

Amira Youssef wrote:

Hello,
I'm new to Debian and in need to ur assistance. I've installed Woody V3 R2 with bf24 flavor "kernal 2.4" on Compaq workstation Evo W6000. The installation went fine. The problem is, it could not detect the network card, it's model is: Intel Corp. 82801BA/BAM/CA/CAM Ethernet Controller

You may need the 2.6 kernel or a newer version (Sarge?) of some of the module utilities. Woody is really ancient, (soon to be replaced by Sarge) and may not support this NIC out of the box.

I believe the correct module is i810; you might try "modprobe i810" to see what happens.

--
Kent