Re: Network configuration

Hi Michael,

Thanks a million. It worked perfectly.

Cheers,
Amira.

Michael Marsh <michael.a.marsh@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 06:01:15 -0800 (PST), Amira Youssef
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to Debian and in need to ur assistance.
>
> I've installed Woody V3 R2 with bf24 flavor "kernal 2.4" on Compaq
> workstation Evo W6000. The installation went fine. The problem is, it could
> not detect the network card, it's model is:
>
> Intel Corp. 82801BA/BAM/CA/CAM Ethernet Controller
>

> Could u pls advise how to define it? i don't know if it has a linux driver
> that can be installed on Debian.

My laptop has an Intel 82801CAM, and the eepro100 module seems to be
the right one to use. You can use "modprobe eepro100" to install it.
If that works, add it to /etc/modules to load it at boot time.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh