Re: Dual-screen configuration help needed

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Dominique Dumont wrote:

> Matthijs <vanaalten@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > My setup is more or less similar, except the missing Xinerama option.
> > According to some googling, this might be needed. Unfortunately adding
> > this option changes my two screens, drivers and framebuffers to simple
> > clone mode...

you can add xinerame in the XF86Config  file or on the startx commandline

xinerama is NOT needed, but is only needed if:  you expect to move an
xterm from one display to another

or you can also move xterms around the hardway
	export DISLAY=localhost:0.1
	xterm --> will now pop up on your other screen

"clone" mode ???? as in both screens is the same ??

c ya
alvin