Re: Vanished kernel. (Solved)

Hi again.

The problem with the vanished kernel is now (at least for me) solved. :-)

Wim De Smet wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:10:51 +0100, Roy 'Mooie' Sandgren
<mooie+debian-user@fukt.bth.se> wrote:
Indeed. The image (or source, since I want to get the kernel-tree
package) does not exist in a later version than 2.4.19. But it has. I
use the same sources.list now as I have used for the past year or two.
Which contains the stable main and non-us branches from
ftp.se.debian.org, ftp.sunet.se and ftp.us.debian.org. As well as the
security.debian.org one. No backports.org nor any other source is used.
So, apparently, the package that was stable has been removed. Why, is
still my question. Was is added by mistake? I have no idea, since that
information is not to be found anywhere.

I was wondering about this a while ago myself. I checked at
snapshot.debian.net and indeed there used to be newer versions
available. I suggest you send a mail to debian-kernel@lists.debian.org asking why, and report back to us. ;-)
Don't forget to ask them to cc you if you're not subscribing to the
list. You might be able to find something by just searching for
messages about it but I haven't found any just yet.

I did subscribe to debian-kernel@.. and asked there. The first reply pin-pointed my problem, I indeed had a small error in my sources-list. Not an error as such, but I am apparently also getting 'woody-proposed-updates', which apparently had (at least) kernel-tree-2.4.24 et al for some time. I have no idea why it's not approved of as stable, since a later kernel certainly would be useful in Woody. But I guess that's about religion and other principles of which I can't do much about.

With best regards,

Roy 'Mooie' Sandgren.