Vanished kernel.

I have tried to figure out the reason in a numerous ways, but am forced to ask here. Yesterday when I made a woody-installation I wasn't able to get any newer kernels than 2.4.19. Okay, those have been working and working etc, but at least for some time, I've been able to use 2.4.24, but that version doesn't seem to be considered 'stable' any longer. On a number of machines I have, the version number is 2.4.24-1woody<smthg>. The current revision is 3 (2.4.24-3...), but not woody.

Simple question; why? I tried to search through the various databases on debian.org, but can't find anything of greater help. It'd be lovely if there was a place with information about all versions and revisions of packages that have existed through-out the history.

With best regards,

Roy Sandgren.