Re: Vanished kernel.

Andreas Janssen wrote:

Roy 'Mooie' Sandgren (<mooie+debian-user@fukt.bth.se>) wrote:
I have tried to figure out the reason in a numerous ways, but am
forced to ask here. Yesterday when I made a woody-installation I
wasn't able to get any newer kernels than 2.4.19.

That's because there are no newer kernel images in Woody. If you have
newer kernels installed on Woody system, they are inofficial packages,
maybe from some inofficial installation medium, special boot disk or
other source, like backports.org.

Indeed. The image (or source, since I want to get the kernel-tree package) does not exist in a later version than 2.4.19. But it has. I use the same sources.list now as I have used for the past year or two. Which contains the stable main and non-us branches from ftp.se.debian.org, ftp.sunet.se and ftp.us.debian.org. As well as the security.debian.org one. No backports.org nor any other source is used. So, apparently, the package that was stable has been removed. Why, is still my question. Was is added by mistake? I have no idea, since that information is not to be found anywhere.

With best regards,

Roy Sandgren.