Re: openoffice fails with relocation error (temporary solution)

I can get ooffice to run for me by forcing LD_LIBRARY_PATH as a
temporary environment variable on the command line:

  freefall ~ $ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

  freefall ~ $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/openoffice/program ooffice
  freefall ~ $ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

  freefall ~ $ ooffice
  /usr/lib/openoffice/program/setofficelang.bin: relocation error:
  /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0: symbol errno, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not
  defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
  /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin: relocation error:
  /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0: symbol errno, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not
  defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
  freefall ~ $

There was no "relocation error" message when I forced LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and the application seemed to start and run properly. If I don't force
it, I still have the problem as seen above.

I may look at the ooffice script later to try to track down the
problem.

I pointed the other user ids to my .bashrc and the environments _seem_
identical. The dot-files and dot-directories storing user info are not
the same though.

I left the version info out of the earlier message. I using debian
testing with

  freefall ~ $ dpkg -s openoffice.org-debian-files|grep Version
  Version: 1.1.2-5+1

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com
WiQuest Communications       lee.bradshaw@wiquest.com