Re: xpdf and transparent png images

William Furley wrote:

> there seems to be a problem with the current interaction between xpdf
> in Debian `testing' and transparent png images created by Gimp (2).
> At least, these images used to show correctly (transparent) in my pdf
> files, but I can't get them transparent any more (xpdf always shows
> the background in some colour, whether black or green or brown). Has
> this problem been encountered by others? any known remedies?

I don't have any idea what the problem is, but could it be that maybe
this is a bug with the PDF creating program?  Do the images show up OK
in other PDF readers like Acrobat Reader or GV?  What program are you
using to generate the PDFs -- OpenOffice, pdflatex, convert, ... ?  More
information would definitely be helpful.

regards,

GPG public key ID: 4F83C751                 Princeton, NJ 08544