Re: Re: xpdf and transparent png images

I use pdflatex (in the `testing' tetex distribution) to include png images in pdf files. The answer to the question `do the images show OK in e.g. acroread?' is `sometimes yes, sometimes no'. But the png images certainly show up correctly as transparent in a viewer such as gqview. I have also experimented converting the png image with the programme png2pdf, and then including the pdf image in the latex file -- with different, but still not correctly transparent results! What is surprising to me is that the cycle gimp-->transparent png-->pdf file (made with pdflatex) *used* to work correctly for me. So something has changed. There seems to be a multitude of libpng libraries in Debian now -- I wonder if the problem lies there.

Regards, Bill Furley