Re: CD burner not working with kernel 2.6

Not needed! Your list of modules seems to be ok.
Just try a cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATA. If your user has succes to
the /dev/hd?, which means member of group cdrom, and cdrecord is set
suid you will be happy to burn cd's now ;-) You must have a kernel
2.6.(1-7) 2.6.8-4+ or 2.6.(9|10).
I can't have permissions to access a device that doesn't exist. dmesg specifically
says my CD drive is not supported, and there is no device in /dev for the CD
drive. What I'm trying to do right now is get the kernel to recognize the CD drive.