Re: CD burner not working with kernel 2.6

Manu wrote:

I remember on my pc at home that I have some more
loaded on the ide_core. At least  I have ide_generic
module. My guess is that you are missing some of the
modules...
I will take a look at it tonight and let you know
-----
$ ls -1 /lib/modules/2.6.8-1-686-smp/kernel/drivers/ide
ide-cd.ko
ide-core.ko
ide-disk.ko
ide-floppy.ko
ide-generic.ko
ide-pnp.ko
ide-tape.ko
legacy
pci
--------

ide-generic doesn't seem to get loaded automatically, I'm going to try forcing it to load in /etc/modules.

have you removed from lilo.conf a line that says:

append ide-scsi=/dev/hdc ( something similar .. it was
used for kernel 2.4)
I use grub, but command lines are basically the same.

What kernel version do you have exactly?
kernel-image-2.6.8-1-686-smp from Debian-testing

Thanks for the response. :)