Re: CD burner not working with kernel 2.6

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 the mental interface of
Anthony Roberts told:

> Manu wrote:
>
> >I remember on my pc at home that I have some more
> >loaded on the ide_core. At least  I have ide_generic
> >module. My guess is that you are missing some of the
> >modules...
> >I will take a look at it tonight and let you know
> >

> -----
> $ ls -1 /lib/modules/2.6.8-1-686-smp/kernel/drivers/ide
> ide-cd.ko
> ide-core.ko
> ide-disk.ko
> ide-floppy.ko
> ide-generic.ko
> ide-pnp.ko
> ide-tape.ko
> legacy
> pci
> --------
>
> ide-generic doesn't seem to get loaded automatically, I'm going to try
> forcing it to load in /etc/modules.
Not needed! Your list of modules seems to be ok.
Just try a cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATA. If your user has succes to
the /dev/hd?, which means member of group cdrom, and cdrecord is set
suid you will be happy to burn cd's now ;-) You must have a kernel
2.6.(1-7) 2.6.8-4+ or 2.6.(9|10).

Ciao

Elimar

--
  Do you smell something burning or ist it me?