Re: XFree86 + Radeon 9200se

On Saturday 08 January 2005 10:39 pm, Adrian Parker wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've recently installed Xfree86 from the testing branch.  I have an ATI
> Radeon 9200se card which I have been unable to get working.
>
> I've tried with the manufacturer's fglrx driver, and I've also tried
> with xserver-xfree86 using radeon, ati, vga16, and the vesa drivers.
>
> These all have the same result.  X will start.  But as soon as I click
> just about any keyboard key (including non-printing keys), my monitor
> goes completely black, my monitor clicks as if changing profiles, and
> then the screen is refreshed.  If a printable key was hit, the
> corresponding character is not printed.  Some keys like Shift do not
> cause this to happen.
>
> I have my monitor's book, so I know the vertical and horizontal sync
> ranges I've given are accurate.
>
> I've google'd around, and tried 6 or 7 solutions that worked for other
> people, but they do not work for me.  The video card was in a Debian
> machine previously running in testing also (with KDE and xfree86), and
> it had worked just fine.
>
> I check my xf86 log to find nothing terribly out of place.  No mention
> of errors, a few warnings just telling me various options of the ATI
> card are disabled, nothing that looks like it should cause harm though.
>
> Any thoughts?
>

> Adrian Parker

Ah, on #debian I didn't see or you didn't say that this card had worked with
testing before.  I still don't know the solution but have a quick idea you
might want to check out.

cat /proc/interrupts

I had an insane problem with a wireless card losing connection when ever
anyone logged out of kde or gnome.  Drove me nuts.  There was in irq conflict
and moving the wireless card to a different slot, and removing an unused card
fixed the problem.