Re: Broken Konqueror?

On Friday 07 Jan 2005 10:39, Carl Fink wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 03:39:40AM +0000, Peter Nuttall wrote:
> > To explain, konqi doesn't support http, kde does. You need a package
> > called something like the kdebase-kio-plugins package to get http
> > support.
>
> So why isn't it a dependency?
>
> > Remember, konqi isn't a web browser.
>
> Yes it is.  What do you mean?
>
> > PS, why are you using konqi if you don't like kde?
>
> Because I do like Konqueror.  Why is that mysterious?

Sorry, I wrote my reply when both tired and mildly pissed. I note now that
1) kdebase-kio-plugins is a dependency of konqi, and 2) I missed the word
"just" out of the sentence "Remember, konqi isn't a web browser"

does your problem still exist?

Pete

PS, The reason I was wondering why you were using konqi and not kde is that
konqi drags in a lot of kde stuff, so using it as a stand alone browser
uses a lot of memory.