OT: Replying to top-post (Re: locatedb is world readable)

Jon Dowland wrote:
On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 04:30:01PM +0700, David Garamond wrote:

I think you think I said 'world writable'? I don't want normal users to be able to _read_ that file (unless through the locate command, which will not allow other users' files from being printed).

Ah, a top-post to a message posted off-list. D-u is getting to be as
readable as work email :-)

Yeah, sorry about the off-list thing. However, I always thought the proper (polite?) way to reply to a top-post is by another top-post? Otherwise, it will be confusing to see something like this:

 REPLY3_TOPPOST
 >>REPLY1_TOPPOST
 >>>ORIG
 >REPLY2