Re: Sarge on IBM Thinkcentre A50 - instability

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 08:24 -0600, Kent West wrote:

> I'd leave the machine in console mode (no X) for that period of time, to
> see if the machine gets sluggish. If not, you know it's somehow related
> to running X.

I have left it on console mode, and the problem reappeared.  It
therefore seems to be unrelated to X.

The machine became very sluggish.  The clock lost time.  Repeated
backspace (key held down) wouldn't work on the keyboard.  Issuing the
"reboot" command evetually succeeded in rebooting the machine, but it
took fifteen minutes or so.

George Karaolides