Re: names good for marketing

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 03:32:48PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Monday 03 January 2005 11:44 am, William Ballard wrote:
>
> > Tell you what you can live in the 50% black city and I'll live in the
> > 90% white city.  Then you can demonstrate your "tolerance" and I'll
> > moralize at you.
>
> Been there, done that.  Lived in Northeast Portland, which is
> predominantly black.  Great neighborhood, decent people.  I'd do it
> again.  Couer d'Alane still creeps me out.

Multnomah county is 80% white 5% black.
Mecklenburg county is 64% white 27% black.
You saw 16 white people for every 1 black person you saw.
I see 2.4.
Your perspective is skewed.

Trust me, if you lived in a really diverse neighborhood you'd
find you're just as huge a jerk as everybody else.

Plus we had forced bussing, which engineered a 50% white/black
distribution in every school.  My idea of diversity is to see
as many black people as I see white.

Trust me, you live in lilly white paradise.  You are not
challenged.  It's easy to be "tolerant" when almost everybody
is the same.