Re: names good for marketing

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 03:59 pm, William Ballard wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 03:32:48PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > On Monday 03 January 2005 11:44 am, William Ballard wrote:
> >
> > > Tell you what you can live in the 50% black city and I'll live in
the
> > > 90% white city.  Then you can demonstrate your "tolerance" and
I'll
> > > moralize at you.
> >
> > Been there, done that.  Lived in Northeast Portland, which is
> > predominantly black.  Great neighborhood, decent people.  I'd do it
> > again.  Couer d'Alane still creeps me out.
>
> Multnomah county is 80% white 5% black.
> Mecklenburg county is 64% white 27% black.
> You saw 16 white people for every 1 black person you saw.

Yeah, except for northeast Portland, which is almost entirely black.
Multnomah County also contains a lot of rural areas far from the city
and the north face of Mt. Hood.  It's an extremely large county
geographically for it's population.

Northeast Portland is almost entirely black.  Claiming that the Columbia
River Gorge is Northeast Portland is absurd.  Get a clue and speak
about what you know.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.dyndns.org