Re: Windows vs Linux Functionality?

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
I know nothing about digital cameras. My daughter suddenly shows up with one and I google for the brand (I forget it now) and the site shows only XP info, I tell her: no support for your camera.

Was I wrong? You mean I plug it in anyway and it might work?

it's fairly likely it would work (as a storage device, i.e. you can get photos from it, some photo cameras also have a PC cam/webcam mode, that probably wouldn't work, as far as ic an tell).

  of course, you need the USB storage support in the kernel.

	erik