Re: names good for marketing

On Tuesday, 04.01.2005 at 10:27 -0500, Brendan wrote:

> On Tuesday 04 January 2005 10:08, Dave Ewart wrote:

> > > I don't want to disrupt your obvious ploy for anti-US sentiment,
> > > but maybe he doesn't speak for other countries for a reason? Maybe
> > > he lives in the US?  Just a guess.
> >
> > My comment wasn't anti-US.  My comment was certainly
> > anti-UScentricism, though.
> >
> > I was pointing out that that the original poster appeared to be
> > speaking for the US, where the issue is larger than that.
>
> So? He was speaking for what he knows. We should all be so smart.
> [...]

So he knows what 300 million USA residents think?  And yet nothing of
the remainder of the world's population?  Doubtful.

His original comment read "In a country of 300M people, there *will* be
some people who say, 'It sounds too black.'"  It would be more
reasonable to have simply removed "in a country of 300M people".  This
generalises his remark in a perfectly sensible way without putting on
the irritating US-centric hat.

Dave.

--
Dave Ewart - davee@sungate.co.uk - jabber: davee@jabber.org