Re: How to get Sound to work - Need step by step instructions

Syed Huq (<rathon@gmail.com>) wrote:

> A newbie question:
> # Is there a step by step instuctions on how to setup Sound ?
> 1) I did an apt-get install sndconfig.
> When I run sndconfig, I get the following error:
> ""
> You don't seem to be running a kernel with modular
> aound enabled.
> [...]
> But I am running Woody.
> # uname -a
> Linux Debian 2.2.20-idepci

Ditch that kernel and install another one, either kernel-image-2.2.20 or
kernel-image-2.4.18-1-386|686|k6|k7|586. If you use 2.4.18, don't
forget to configure lilo to use the initrd needed to boot that kernel.
After booting with the new kernel, try again.

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976