Re: Script similar to Redhat chkconfig

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:15:47 -0500, Ian Meyer wrote:

> Does something like this exist for Debian?
> I know the update-rc.d is there to add/remove services to rcX.d but
> chkconfig will list the services and what their runlevels are and
> whether or not they are started/stopped. Just curious, is all.
> Thanks,
> Ian
sysv-rc-conf; curses based; read man page- I like to run it using -p

       sysv-rc-conf gives an easy to use interface for managing
       "/etc/rc{run- level}.d/" symlinks. The interface comes in two
       different flavors, one that simply allows turning services on or
       off and another that allows for more fine tuned management of the
       symlinks. It's a replacement for programs like ntsysv(8) or

       sysv-rc-conf can also be used at the command line when the desired
       changes to the symlinks are already known. The syntax is borrowed
       from chkconfig(8).