Can't upgrade knoppix/kanotix install

Hi, I decided to use a different debian distro, so I found kanotix, a variant of knoppix, which apparently is based on sid.

I did an apt-get update, then apt-get upgrade.

It worked fine until I got this message:

libxt-dev: Depends: libxt6 (=4.3.03dfsg.1-8) but 4.3.0.dfsg.1-8 is installed.
unmet dependencies.  Try using -f.

I tried apt-get -if install many many times (I read sometimes it takes a few times), and each time it says it needs to install something about 64k, then I get the same message.

Now anything else I try doing gives me the same error.

Is this a result of using sid?  How do I safely downgrade?

thanks
michelle