Re: Can't upgrade knoppix/kanotix install

Michelle Schwager wrote:

Hi, I decided to use a different debian distro, so I found kanotix, a variant of knoppix, which apparently is based on sid.

I did an apt-get update, then apt-get upgrade.

Try "apt-get update", then "apt-get dist-upgrade" instead.
Better yet, try "aptitude update", then "aptitude dist-upgrade".

Is this a result of using sid?

Possibly. But in that case, the fix it usually just a matter of waiting a few hours (or sometimes a few days) and trying again.

  How do I safely downgrade?

I didn't know you did stand-up comedy . . . .

Seriously, you'll probably find it much easier to fix the problems and keep going forward than to try to downgrade.

--
Kent