Re: Why Grub? Must I Switch?

Paul Johnson wrote:

<#secure method=pgp mode=sign>

Marc Wilson <msw@cox.net> writes:

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 08:22:28AM -0700, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
- With grub,  the boot process will never freeze at LI
Sure, instead it'll freeze at stage 1.5.  Hardly an improvement.

But how often does that happen?  I've never seen it myself.

I have, unfortunately. I have a machine that just doesn't wanna work from a hard drive boot - but it works fine from CD or floppy. Both LILO and Grub fail.

- You don't have to rerun grub every time you changed the config file
Except that you do, unless you believe in symlinks for your kernels..

Since when?  I don't symlink my kernel and I don't rerun grub every
time I upgrade my kernel, and yet it Just Works(tm).
I don't understand that - unless your different kernel versions are all using the same filename.

Daniel