Re: kernel version

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 09:37 +1300, YH wrote:
> I guess you are talking about Debian next release Sarge
> for 3.1?

Well, the words sound right, but I don't know about the numbers. But at
the Debian website, it's the current SARGE (testing) net install CD.
Small download, and it gets the debs from the net, so they're nice and
"fresh." You do need a download connection good for several MB, though.
Or a weekend :-)

> If I understand correctly that woody (As I installed 3.0 r2) uses 2.2
> kernel, if it is correct I'll be really surprised, the 2.2 kernel was
> the version ages ago, wasn't?

Yup. That's Woody. Old and creaky, but it *works*, and there's something
to be said for that. I'd have expected a 2.4 kernel too, but the people
packaging the distros have a much better knowledge of these matters than
I do. I didn't even look when I put it on my servers.

--
Glenn English
ghe@slsware.com