Re: kernel version

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 08:45 +1300, YH wrote:
> Thanks all for the help. How can I type the "uname -r" and get
> "2.2.20-idepci"? I really didn't know what that means as I am only aware
> of most distributions use the kernel 2.4.x or 2.6.x? Any explain please?

'uname -a' is a little less cryptic (it throws in a few human-readable
words). But if that's what uname prints on your system, you seem to be
running a 2.2 kernel.

I don't know how much you know or what you're trying to accomplish, but
the net install CD for Sarge does a pretty painless job of installing a
2.4 or 2.6 (you pick it) kernel system on your machine.

--
Glenn English
ghe@slsware.com