Re: kernel version

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 09:37 +1300, YH wrote:
> Thanks Glenn. I guess you are talking about Debian next release Sarge
> for 3.1?
>
> If I understand correctly that woody (As I installed 3.0 r2) uses 2.2
> kernel, if it is correct I'll be really surprised, the 2.2 kernel was
> the version ages ago, wasn't?

The default Debian 3.0 kernel is 2.2, but 2.4 kernels do exist in
apt.  In fact, by installing with "bf2.4" instead of "linux", you'll
get a 2.4 kernel immediately at install time.

[snip]

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

No matter how hard women work, train, excersize (and some of the
woment in the Olympics were *muscular*), lose body fat, or get
Title IX money, (the population of athletic) women will *never*
be faster, stronger or better at sports(*) than (the population
of athletic) men. (*Excluding "small sports" like darts.) It's
just how men and women have evolved. Deal with it.