Re: entering unicode chars

On Wednesday December 29 2004 10:56, David Purton wrote:
> I don't even know what the technical term, but as in pressing a modifier
> key, then the accent and then the letter.

It's not a solution to your exact problem, but the correct term for the
modifier key is "compose key". This might help you to find answers.

The default sequence for ā on a german layout seems to be "<compose> <shift>-~
a". You can grep the files in /etc/X11/xkb for "macron" (grep
-r /etc/X11/xkb/*) to see what key is assigned to this accent in your layout.

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de