Re: You don't have enough free space in /var/cache/apt/archives/

Aditya Pratap wrote:
Hi,
I am getting this message when I try to upgrade KDE using apt-get install -
You don't have enough free space in /var/cache/apt/archives/.
Is it ok if I delete the files in this directory? Or is there any other
way out.
Thanking in advance,

You are just storing previously downloaded versions of your packages.
Personally, I run apt-proxy for all my machines, so I always "apt-get
clean" after installing a package.  If you don't run a proxy or have
a slow connection, you may want to consider using "apt-get autoclean"
which will leave only downloaded packages which are still available
in the archives, i.e., packages that you can still install.

-Roberto Sanchez