Re: Debian sarge and production servers is it ready on 12/26/2004?

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004, Mitchell Laks wrote:

> Even Sarge? I need something more up to date then woody, for my postgresql and
> need the integration that sarge provides, vs backports + woody. Is Sarge that
> dangerous on 12/26/2004?

I've been running sarge on three production servers and one home
personal servers with no problems.  I'd recommend it for what you are
doing.  I'm running Oracle 9 clients along with Resin, Apache 2, and
the Sun Java SDK.  One of the production servers is running Oracle 9
database not just the clients.  I haven't had any problems save for a
samba issue that was fixed when I updated to a newer kernel (I was
running an very old kernel from the woody days).

I'm about to put another sarge installation into production use with
Oracle and Postgres as soon as I finish installing and configuring
everything.

--
Matt Perry | matt at primefactor dot com