Re: ACPI Problems

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 16:09:42 -0800, James Vahn <jvahn@short.circuit.com> wrote:

> Understandable, but I don't think it's necessary to "blow away" the
> box. At install time, it should be possible to switch to a shell and
> simply rename your /home (or whatever) directory and remove the rest
> manually. No need to format it. Copy them back later on, chown things
> to suit.

Sure, but the logic I use is simple:  If I'm not willing to blow away
the box then I'm not going to try to install something I know nothing
about.  Since I need to be productive, without any downtime, (it's my
primary box) I need to ensure I can recover from whatever may happen.

> Try the Debian 2.6.8/9 kernel. I'm fairly certain the ACPI works but
> also has the ALSA sound drivers that seem to be the default and may
> not work for you.

That's where I've been having the problems.  They begin with
2.6.9-1.6_FC2 while I'm on FC2.  I'm not sure what kernel FC3 brings
with it, but the same problems are there [so I assume it is 2.6.9].

R/S
Ryan