Re: ACPI Problems

Ryan D'Baisse wrote:
> v3.7 and have to disable ACPI to get it to boot.  I have not yet
> attempted "sarge" because I am not at a point where I can blow away my
> box.  My goal, however, is to be running Debian (I'm somewhat sick of
> the Fedora pace.)

Understandable, but I don't think it's necessary to "blow away" the
box. At install time, it should be possible to switch to a shell and
simply rename your /home (or whatever) directory and remove the rest
manually. No need to format it. Copy them back later on, chown things
to suit.

> current kernel is loading?  I've read about ACPI and compiling
> kernels, but I do not think I'm ready for that yet.  If I were to
> start downloading source, or compiling kernels, I am not sure what I
> would be doing.

Try the Debian 2.6.8/9 kernel. I'm fairly certain the ACPI works but
also has the ALSA sound drivers that seem to be the default and may
not work for you.