USE EasyTag for Mass Tagging of MP3 (was Re: Windows vs Linux Functionality?)

On Sat, 2004-12-25 at 22:26 -0500, Brian Pack wrote:
> So far I have found one, *one* multimedia function that I give more
> points to windows. Searching out and updating ID3 tags for my mp3
> files.
>
> With Musicmatch I can right click on a song, select super tagging/lookup
> tags, and it will go onto the net and find the correct information for
> the song.
>
> I have yet to find a package for GNU/Linux that will do the job as
> easily. Of course, once tagged, I'm right back with
> XMMS/Juk/Rhythmbox/etc.
>
> I tried a couple of months ago to install Musicmatch 9 with WINE, but
> without success. Anyone get ver. 9 or 10 running with WINE?

For get it... use Easy Tag.

I have over 200GB of MP3 that somewhere toward the end of ripping my
whole collection, I woke up and discovered a better and easier way to
TAG and organize my collection.

I used Easy Tags template and options to completely re-organize and
rename and re-categorize 100% of the badly tagged and named MP3s and
have since re-encoded to .OGG as well. And yet Easy Tag still works with
them.

A bit more difficult to use initially, but once you understand the
interface and let it do its automagic after you "get it".

I am very Picky and very Retentive on how everything is named and
organized. It is Easy to Tag and Easy to Use. It does Playlists too!!!
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

Your fingers staple pine nuts into everything you touch.