Re: Debian on SATA HD

On Sat, Dec 25, 2004 at 11:52:57PM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Dec 2004, dorn hetzel wrote:
> > I wound up using a PATA boot disk and just use the 4 SATA
> > disks after booting.  When I have more time, I do hear it's
>
> There's no need for that. As soon as you can get a kernel that suports SATA
> right to execute on system startup, you need no PATA disks anymore.

I should have also said that all of my SATA disks are organized
into md raid devices and that's what I ran into trouble booting
from.  I've been told it can be done, I just had the PATA drive
available and it was the path of least resistance :)

On a side note, with a raid0 stripe across the PATA and 4*SATA
raptors, I'm getting sustained 240+ megabytes/second read and
write :) Makes for a very nice /tmp ...

-Dorn