Re: PPP ip-up and firestarter

Jedi Knight(padawan_learner2005@yahoo.com) is reported to have said:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using debian and use ppp to dial to my ISP. I
> wanted to start firestarter whenever my connection is
> up and stop it whenever my connection goes down.
> Firestarter creates automatically a script in
> /etc/ppp/ip-ip.d/ directory so that /etc/ppp/ip-up
> script runs it whenever ppp is up. However, it's not
> working.
What do you mean by "it's not working"?

If you do
$iptables -L
what do you see?

> Although I get the message that ip-up script
> started, nothing seems to happen.

What are you expecting to see?  Is the 'Active' status showing it is
'disabled" or what?

> I check the
> firestarter status with /etc/init.d/firestarter status
> and it tells me that it's not running. What could be
> the problem? Thanks for your help.

I just tested the version I am running, 1.0.1-1, and
/etc/init.d/firestarter start does start the firewall and
/etc/init.d/firestarter status does say it is up and
iptables -L does display the firewall rules.

I do notice one bug tho, I have a script in /etc/ppp/ip-dowd.d to
stop the firewall and it does, as shown the /etc/init.d/firestarter
status script but the GUI status indicator still says it is active.

As a Jedi you should remember that you have to explain the problem in
more detail to us mere mortals.  :-)

WT
--
You are making progress if each mistake is a new one.