PPP ip-up and firestarter

Hello,

I'm using debian and use ppp to dial to my ISP. I
wanted to start firestarter whenever my connection is
up and stop it whenever my connection goes down.
Firestarter creates automatically a script in
/etc/ppp/ip-ip.d/ directory so that /etc/ppp/ip-up
script runs it whenever ppp is up. However, it's not
working. Although I get the message that ip-up script
started, nothing seems to happen. I check the
firestarter status with /etc/init.d/firestarter status
and it tells me that it's not running. What could be
the problem? Thanks for your help.