Re: debian logo

On Fri, 2004-12-24 at 09:35 -0700, Michael wrote:

> >> Easy on the egg-nog :)
> >
> > Actually, Ron Johnson was quoting a Fox News broadcast from December 24,
> > 2999.  Walter Cronkite's reanimated head in a jar of soylent brine was
> > sitting on a newsdesk speaking into what appeared to be a 1950's era
> > microphone in front of him.
> >
> > The newscast itself aired in Futurama episode 2ACV04, X-mas Story,
> > December 19, 1999.
[snip]
> Easy on the Television :)

"For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you."
http://www.familyguyquotes.com/characters/stewie-griffin-quotes.html

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

In 1929, when the Great Depresion hit, while all the other
tabulating companies retrenched, Thomas Watson Sr. insisted that
IBM's factories stay open and R&D spending increase. Thus, in
1935 when FDR signed the Social Security Act, and businesses and
gov't had a huge need for tabulating/sorting machines, IBM was in
position to dominate the industry, and did so for the next 45
years.