Re: debian logo

On Thursday 23 December 2004 6:35 pm, Greg Madden wrote:
> On Thursday 23 December 2004 03:25 pm, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > "In all the tinsel and terror of the holiday season, we too often
> > underestimate that murderous brute better known as Santa Claus.
> > With images of last year's gingerbread massacre freshly baked into
> > our memories, I remind you to bolt your doors, say goodbye to your
> > pets, and lock your children in the closet. This is Walter Cronkite
> > saying 'I told you so'."
>
> Easy on the egg-nog :)

Actually, Ron Johnson was quoting a Fox News broadcast from December 24,
2999.  Walter Cronkite's reanimated head in a jar of soylent brine was
sitting on a newsdesk speaking into what appeared to be a 1950's era
microphone in front of him.

The newscast itself aired in Futurama episode 2ACV04, X-mas Story,
December 19, 1999.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.dyndns.org